Okay, so here’s to the 3rd award I got, the Liebster award! =]
I was nominated by the most lovely Ciara. Her blog is really neat and offers a nice break from the wide, wide world of mental health. She chats about her life and the fancy adventures she goes on, and is a very nice human being all around. =] So, check her out!
10 Random facts about me:
- (Okay, this is actually going to be tougher than I thought! XD) Ummm, I’ve returned to being an avid reader. I used to read a LOT when I was a kid: Animorphs, Nancy Drew, Avalon, Harry Potter. Reading was totally my thing and it was the first thing that got me so interested in creative writing! As an adult, I’ve returned to the reading marathon in the last year and it’s been much fun! (Although I’m finding it a little difficult to get into my current book “The Piper” by Lynn Hightower.)
- I love listening to creepypastas (fictional scary stories) and true scary stories by Youtubers like Corpse Husband, Mr. Nightmare, Mr. Creepypasta, Creepypasta Jr., etc. I’ve actually paused one right now. Some of my favorites involve stalkers and the people who turn out to be hiding in your house for a week. 😀
- I like falling asleep at night to either a creepypasta (especially the long ones/compilations that are like anywhere from half an hour to two hours long–oh my god, Borrasca by the way? Gotta listen to it!! It’s really fucked up (it’s a creepypasta after all) but sooo good. Gwah worthy! OR I like falling asleep to ASMR’s. I love Heather Feather, Whispers Red, Donna ASMR, this one where water beads are layered over the sounds of indistinguishable whispers, gwah, it’s sooo nice! I listened to one last night involving shaving cream and it was so lovely. If you’re curious it’s that link right there. I could make a whole post about this and you know, maybe, one day I will! =] I love tapping ones too. GWAH
- I started a project this year where I make little positive phrases, words, drawings and sometimes some song lyrics (from other songs, not my own!) on little pieces of torn up paper and give them to random people. I gave away 33 in February, 49 in March, and 63 in April. One example you can find in my second post on here. I have yet to make some and give them out in May (I should get on that though!) My goal for this month will be shorter, like 25 or so.
- I have a lot of things to say. 🙂 If you haven’t noticed. (now I’ll purposely make this one short XD)
- I’m still interested in finding other mental health/recovery tags to do this month of May, so you may find (HA! Puns) me uploading some before the end of the month!
- I love color! Rainbows and unicorns and magical creatures. =] Sparkle, and glitter and sequins! Color makes me happy =]
- I love the ‘Recollections’ series for scrapbooking! Their stickers and their new washi tape is so beautiful, they’re all positive and super colorful, (well some of them are) it’s awesome! Me in a little bottle, pretty much.
- I have tons of journals, ones I wrote in when I was younger, all the way back in 2006 and ones that I have and have begun but never finished! :O
- I own all the House MD DVDs. =] (There were 8 seasons)
Okay! That’s done with!! Here’s a picture for making it this far!!
Okay, now it’s time for the 10 questions I was asked! Let’s go!! =]
- Why did you start blogging?
Every time I go to blog I still imagine I’m on DA, writing to my first small crowd of friends. I always keep them in mind and I try to write as open and honestly as I can, thinking that I’m talking to them and (maybe pretending) that there will be other people out there too who will come across my work and read it. So far blogging is coming pretty naturally to me. It’s a nice little combination of just saying things. And talking about stuffs. And then typing them all together and posting it. It’s quite refreshing and freeing. I enjoy the time as I blog and I think it’s helping to keep me accountable, too.
- Does your family/friends know you blog? Why or why not?
My Mom knows of my blogging but doesn’t exactly know how open I am on it or what the name of it is, even after I’ve shown her and how much I talk about it (at least, I don’t think she knows!). A couple of my friends know, others don’t, but we just got out of school so that part makes sense. A couple of them I just haven’t brought it up yet. Although I’m going to mention it in the next OCD support group! =] And of course in my IOOV presentations! 😀
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
Listen to ASMRs/guided meditations (I need to get back on board with the latter). Listen to music. Read. Create. (reminds me, I need to update my fanfic!) Color. Particularly painting and watercoloring take up a lot of my attention span so those are especially good to use as tools. =]
- Who is your favorite band?
Again, I don’t often listen to more than one song per group. But I like Demi Lovato, Eminem, Rachel Platten, Imagine Dragons, One Republic. I like songs like ‘Heart Attack’, ‘Neon Lights’ ‘Skyscraper’ ‘Confident’ by Demi and ‘Beautiful’ ‘Beautiful pain’ ‘Lose yourself’ ‘Not Afraid’ ‘Guts over Fear’ ‘3am’ and others by Eminem.
- If you could chose one person dead or alive to have lunch with who would it be?
I’d totally bring back my doggy Bayya and we’d have a day outside together and I’d sit down in the ants and tick infested grass and I’d give her THE BEST rubsies. And she’d whine and bark and I’d poke her in the tongue every time she yawned, just like old times. ❤ ❤ ❤ Miss you, little one.
- What is your dream car?
Once upon a time, when I was younger (and didn’t know much about cars…like how I still don’t now) I dreamed of a black Hummer with blue flames… really just for that paint job! I’d say color-wise, I’d love a teal colored car or a purple one or one of those metallic looking ones. Who knows, if I had the money, maybe I’d design it too. =]
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
One thing one thing? Or one thing like a category of food? ‘Cause category wise I’d go fruits. And thing wise I’d say…. probably chocolate. I wouldn’t last long but oh well! At least I’d be happy! XD
- What is your worst fear?
I don’t think I really have any now…except probably a quick, sudden death. That freaks me out a bit. I’d prefer to know in advance not just me like “You know, today is a LOVELY day I wonder if— BOOM DEAD” That sounds horrifying. Oh god. D: T_T
- What super power would you choose?
Probably the ability to create rainbows and sprinkle sparkles out of my fingertips (when I want to of course, it’d be inconvenient otherwise) and help give hope to peeps when they’re going through tough times. Those kinds of super powers 😉
- What was your favorite place to visit?
Hmmm, I’d say Cancun Mexico and Peru. Goooooood times. Except when I was at Machu Pichu when my camera sputtered out and grew a problem… 😦 That wasn’t so fun.
Okay! That’s all for the questions!! Phew! I’d say if you want to do this award/tag, you’d be best splitting it up onto two days or so! Takes a LOT of work.
My 10 Questions for you next go-getters:
- If you were a stuffed animal, what would you look like? Be as detailed as you wish!
- Favorite type of pattern? (polka dots, stripes, etc.)
- What keeps you inspired to continue blogging?
- What type of image(s) depict who you are as a person best? (I really like gazebos so imagining myself as a gazebo is pretty cool. Or a sapling. Saplings are cute!)
- On a scale of 0 – 10, how much of a badass are you?
- What are some inspiring quotes/messages that have gotten you through your darkest moments?
- What does your dream house look like?
- If you could only play one for the rest of your life what would you choose: Puzzle, maze, word search or crosswords?
- Who are you? (be as creative as you want!)
- What are 5 self-love/self-care things you can do to help you during a hard time? (and include ones you’d actually do, have tried or are interested in trying!)
Now! For myyyyy nominations…
I nominate: (dear god this will take a while, curse you INTERNET!)
And anyone else under 200 followers who wants to give this one the good ole go!! =] My job here is done…. *pooofs*