This post is inspired in its actual creation by this post regarding “jokes” about OCD on merchandise (clothing) I’ve discovered some of the same inappropriate (and not me inappropriate but actually–inappropriate in the way that it’s condescending and a small fuck you to people who suffer from these mental health conditions (because god knows there are more out there for other conditions).
It’s just angering and despairing that society and so many people still don’t take OCD seriously. Or mental health conditions in general, seriously. Or suicide seriously. Or self-harm seriously. Gee, thanks guys! *flips off these people*
But for this post, on my end, I want to enlighten us on the appropriate, AWARENESS based merchandise that DOES exist for mental health conditions (OCD) and self-harm/suicide. If I’m feeling up to it, I’ll extend my thanks to a few other conditions, too.
This is also a good way for me to finally show you guys the OCD awareness T-shirt I bought myself back at the start of the month! ‘Cause it really is snazzy. 😉
And of course, I want to do this post to show some faith in humanity and awareness campaigns and to cope with the bullshit I saw that exists out there, too. 😛 Gotta realign yourself when you go from waking up to despairing, you know! 😉
The OCD T-shirt I found and bought for myself:
A far away shot and a close up of the fanciness. 🙂
Bought from here: Amazon Awareness Shirt – 1
Other OCD Awareness Shirts:
- OCD Awareness Walk Inspired
- Alternate design for wearing teal
- OCD awareness ribbon with butterflies
- Tackling OCD together
- “From Worrier to Warrior” could be taken as a compliment or insult, depending on the person.
- Fuck (the) OCD necklace My only problem with this piece is that it uses the “My” instead of “the” or just “OCD”. *sigh* (And a similar design has been done with cancer without a my)
Suicide Awareness Merchandise:
- Alternate butterflies, with phrase in shirt I have
- Ribbon with hearts (what I have)
- Semicolon, wings, “My wings will have to wain, my story is not over” (This one brought tears to my eyes)
- A girl with her head down reaching out an another hand reaches for her. With ribbon
- There are various semicolon inspired T-shirts as well and phrases
- Be someone’s lifeline
- Suicide awareness, ribbon colors, butterfly, leather bracelet
- Grieving a Suicide by Albert Y. Hsu | Book
- you can never be replaced | car magnet
- Additional option/resource: NSPL (USA)
Okay, I am realizing that this is going to take me longer than I originally thought, but as I have things to do today *cough homework cough* I’m going to end this bit here, and make this a series for the holidays! See?! It all works out 😉 Totalllllly my plan from the start 😀 XD
If you have particular causes you want some awareness finding shirts/merchandise for, just make me a comment and I’ll getter done!
Now I’m hungry. Gotta go nom nom on some breakfast. 🙂
See ya later, peeps!!!