IT’S STILL DECEMBER 31ST IN MY TIME ZONE–LIVING IN THE PAST LEGASP!!!
🙂 So, a time to reflect on the past year in about forty-five minutes….sounds about right. I’ve already started to plan what I want to achieve in 2017 so that part is a little bit easier. But before I get there, I have to work my way up. As we all often have to do.
So, what made 2016 on the list of honorable mentions?
- I completed about 40 days of a 365 daily prompt book.
- I became and got trained for NAMI’s IOOV presentations. That was actually inspired in part from #1.
- I got training for being a peer to peer mentor in a recovery class for NAMI. Haven’t presented yet, but will in 2017 (I’m making the goal of teaching one class for now in the new year).
- I worked a couple of jobs (NAMI and Mass Media).
- I began writing new fanfiction stories.
- I read a lot of really, really good fanfiction stories.
- I read my goal of 10 books! And surpassed it by reading twenty-two!!! (I’ll list these below).
- I made this recoverytowellness blog.
- I made it to 100 followers in August 2016.
- I made a very unexpected yet very fun Youtube account (so far!).
- I met Craig. And hung out in his office a lot. A LOT.
- Craig became my mental health hero.
- I wrote articles about mental health for the Mass Media in spring 2016 and then became a staff writer in fall 2016.
- I’ve been spreading my mental health story and awareness across the board, the university, the world for the entirety of a year, by various outlets.
- I gave out positive messages to random strangers each month starting from February and found it was a great coping strategy for me. I gave out I’m estimating 200 in the 11 months I made them. (I will do the actual calculations in the new year in a post) I want to continue this and go even bigger in the new year. Especially making it with January as a month of them given out because I skipped January this year.
- I survived the year, whether I’m glad about that or not. 🙂
- I had hard semesters but I made it out alive and with decent grades.
- I got a lot of new stationery.
- I spent money I didn’t have LMAO
- I began constructing the idea of #RecoveryHome.
- I made book reviews! (I still have more of these to catch up on!!)
- I helped people.
- I will continue to help myself.
Now, onto the list for 2017!!!
In 2017 I plan to, hope to, and have goals towards….
- Getting ahead with creating positive messages and giving out even more positive messages than I managed in 2016 (particularly through the summer to the fall).
- Do 2 internships.
- Complete my directed study on BPD. (Unless I can figure out a way to do it on recovery/advocacy).
- Read 20 books!
- Create a vlogging/blogging schedule.
- Become more organized and structured.
- Find a DBT therapist.
- Create an artwork schedule.
- Practice my own self-care.
- Continue writing articles in the Mass Media.
- Make it to 1 month self-harm clean. (and increase this each month)
- Finish writing 3 fanfiction stories.
- Further build up #RecoveryHome.
- Attend a NAMI MA Convention
- Attend a Pride Festival with friends.
- Go apple picking in the fall with a friend.
- Do 20 IOOV presentations
- Create a vision board.
- Go see Thor Ragnarok
- Participate in either Inktober or worldwide watercoloring month
That’s certainly enough! hehehehe
Now, that book list I was talking about!!
I want to go back and reread some of these just to do a book review. 😉
2016 Books Read:
- Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto (Book #1) January
- Lady Injury by Melissa C. Water February
- The Wicked and The Divine Vol. 3 March
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer March
- The Dead and The Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer April
- You Came Back by Christopher Coake May
- Creature of the Night by Kate Thompson May
- The Piper by Lynn Hightower May
- This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer June
- He’s Gone by Deb Caletti June
- Living with Severe OCD by Marie Gius June
- Perfect by Natasha Friend July
- BPD Demystified by Robert O Friedel July
- The Intruders by E.E. Richardson August
- The Shade of the Moon by Susan Beth Pfeffer August
- Blood Wounds by Susan Beth Pfeffer August
- Two or Three Things I Forgot to Tell you by Joel Carol Oates August
- Cut by Patricia McCormick September
- After the Snow by S.D. Crockett November
- Tumble And Fall by Alexandra Coutts November
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman November
- Go Ask Alice by Anonymous December
Pfeff!!! I mean, PHEW! That’s all I got. Now to switch back to vlogging uploads… gwah!
Hope you guys enjoyed all that list making!! 😀
That’s all I got, I swear.
OH. and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU BEAUTIFUL AMAZING SURVIVORS RADIATING BADASSERY OUT THERE.
I could NOT have made it this far without all of your AMAZING SUPPORT. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ xxxxxxxx