*SONG A DAY CHALLENGE*
- Post a song a day for five consecutive days
- Post the name of the song and video
- Post what the lyrics mean to you (optional)
- Nominate two (or one) different blogger each day of the challenge
Each day of the challenge? Damn, that’s a lot to ask for! I’d say that if you want to do this challenge during MAY 2017, as an ode to MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH that you join me in doing this challenge EVERY DAY for the month of May! Or every other day, whatever is a challenge to you and also reasonable. 🙂
So, with that said let’s modify these rules a bit:
- Post a song a day for the month of May either related to or about mental health or something that YOU find helps YOUR mental health.
- It can be positive, uplifting music (you get bonus points for this) or music that’s somber and low if that’s what helps YOU.
- Post the name of the song and a video to it
- Post lyrics that stick out to you and relate them in whatever way you are comfortable with (i.e. this song helped me in my story…I just loved the way…etc)
- Nominate whomever you think would enjoy this challenge
- End this modified challenge with a emoticon of your choice.
Let’s begin with my first choice! (And yes, a lot of this music will be repetitive since a lot of you have seen my previous posts regarding music splintered throughout my other posts. But this is especially a one place finds all magic gem where I would love to find more meaningful music and expand my listening categories. 🙂 I’ll make a category for this, too. )
Song Choice for day #1:
Beautiful Pain by Eminem ft. Sia
Lyrics that stand out for me:
“Your world is torn in half, you wake and let’s wait to start the morning process
Rebuilding and you’re still a work in progress….So familiarize with what having to swallow this pill is like
It happens all the time, they take your heart and steal your life
And it’s as though you feel you’ve died because you’ve been killed inside
But yet you’re still alive which means you will survive.
Although today you may weep because you’re weak and
Everything seems so bleak and hopeless
The light that you’re seeking, it begins to seep in
That’s the only thing keepin’ you from leapin’ off the motherfreaking deep end.
And I’m pulling for you to push through this feeling
And with a little time that should do the healin’
And by tomorrow you may even feel so good that you’re willing
To forgive them even after all that shit you been put through
This feeling of resilience is building and the flames are burning
Quick as fire would through this building, you’re sealed in
But you’re fireproof and retardant you withstood it
And as you climb up to the roof you’re just chillin’ and you look down
Cause you’re so over them you could put the heel of your foot through the ceilin’
It’s like watching the walls melt in your prison cell
But you’ve extinguished this living hell.”
And of course, as you guys know, part of these lyrics is what inspired by header image “This is not how your story ends” with a person essentially stepping up to a ledge.
These words stood out to me because they helped me through a dark time in my life, where OCD was beginning but wasn’t full blown yet and before I felt true suicidal feelings. (And by true I mean actual suicidal feelings versus suicide obsessions which are intrusive thoughts based). I needed to change from the destructive path I was on about self-sabotage and procrastination and this song inspired me to do so. 🙂
The emoticon I end this with issssss…….
🔥🔥🔥= fire! 😀
Such as been blog post #2 of #Blog4MH 😀
One more to go! Maybe.