First post in this series: SADIM Day 1
Tagging credit to my friend mlbradford
- Post a song a day for the month of May either related to or about mental health or something that YOU find helps YOUR mental health.
- It can be positive, uplifting music (you get bonus points for this) or music that’s somber and low if that’s what helps YOU.
- Post the name of the song and a video to it
- Post lyrics that stick out to you and relate them in whatever way you are comfortable with (i.e. this song helped me in my story…I just loved the way…etc)
- Nominate whomever you think would enjoy this challenge
- End this modified challenge with a emoticon of your choice.
Let us begin Day #2!
Heavy by Linkin Park ft. Kiiara
“I don’t like my mind right now, stacking up problems that are so unnecessary. Wish that I could slow things down, I want to let go but there’s comfort in the panic.
And I drive myself crazy, thinking everything’s about me. Yeah, I drive myself crazy ’cause I can’t escape the gravity.
I‘m holding on, why is everything so heavy? Holding on to so much more than I can carry. I keep dragging around what’s bringing me down, if I just let go I’d be set free.
Holding on, why is everything so heavy?….
It’s not like I made the choice to let my mind stay so fucking messy.“
What they mean to me:
So, I heard this song on the radio and I instantly fell in love with it. I really related to the lyrics, the ones I’ve made bold here, and I even shared this song with Elicia, thinking she would like it (based on what it’s about).
I have a hard time letting go of things-part of OCD I imagine-so I really grapple and admire the concept of letting go. I feel that the part about holding on also relates to how I personally hold on in each moment, clinging to life when my brain tells me to do the opposite. Like trying to hold on through the bad times, waiting for them to pass (yet also knowing when to be proactive about the situation).
I also think it’s because I have a hard time letting go of life that I’m still around today. So it’s a blessing and a curse. :3
- Numb by Linkin Park
Years ago, when I first heard this song I absolutely loved it, but didn’t remember who it was by or what it was called. I legit went like three or four years without hearing it again until I heard it on the radio and looked it up. Then it was like at long last!!
2. Roads Untraveled by Linkin Park
I totes have this song in my CL;MA (Choose Life; Make Action) playlist. So it deserves a feature here, too! 🙂
Okay, I think I’ve overstayed my welcome within this post, so here’s to the next round of posts!! 🙂
🐦🐦🐦 = a bird for flying free!
Thank you for reading!!