Not to be confused with the song, “No Roots” (which I absolutely adore even though that metaphor is inaccurate, as the one in my life is that I AM planting my roots deep, deep into the ground)
To quote myself from my Youtube channel (RecoverytoWellness): It’s been a while.
I just rediscovered a lovely goldmine of videos (filmed with my laptop’s natural webcam) that I will have the lovely and graceful task of editing, snipping and tidying up for the next month, which is great ’cause I need more content output. 🙂 To be frank, from what I glanced over they involve:
- Fidget toys for trichotillomania (inspired by this lovely person, Trich Journal AKA Beckie Jane Brown) (Duration: 1 hour and 5 minutes) (This will be cut down in the editing process, I’m hoping to 45 mins as my Mom has suggested LESS is more for me for editing and there were some pauses in there that I can totes edit out later, so, yeah).
- An art in progress (AiP) about an expressive therapy drawing that I had sketched out that I watercolored in real time so the current duration is about 1 hour and twenty minutes but I’ll be time lapsing a good chunk of that so it should come down from there.
- A fanfiction talk through (from April) which is about 50 mins long.
- A general life update talk through which is about 36 mins long
- A sharing of coloring pages loose leaf (vol. 1) that is about 30 mins long.
So, clearly, all my lengthy videos are my webcam ones, which, honestly makes sense as I have more space on my laptop than what my camera will give me. Although, I have been able to film on my camera lately too, which is awesome!
My next few video ideas also include:
- A slime/thinking putty ASMR-like video (camera) Duration: (20 mins)
- Some form of functioning film/book review (webcam) Duration (30 mins)
- A spring compilation video (featuring spring videos and spring photography) 🙂 Duration: (30 mins all together, and that’s being not modest but not likely to be more than 30 mins) (camera)
- More IOS videos (AiP’s) Duration: (5-10 mins each) (camera)
- Life updates Duration: (30-45 mins) (webcam)
- Photography Challenge per day of the challenge (December 2017 and any updates to this that I engage in this year) Duration: (10 mins each) (camera)
- General art in progress videos Duration: (1 hour+ raw that will be reduced to time lapse) (webcam)
- Lessons Learned Lectures (L3) Duration: (20 mins max) (camera)
- Coloring pages (webcam/camera) Duration: (25 mins)
- Article reading (camera/webcam) Duration: (15 mins)
- Journal entry reviews (webcam/camera) Duration: (20 mins max)
- A Celebration for the Mokeys (camera/photos/webcame) Duration: (20 mins?)
I think that’s about allllll I can think of for right now, but hey, that’s a pretty lengthy list!! Good to see I’ve got loads of video ideas. 🙂
Also, SNEAK PEEK that I also shared on Twitter this evening of my thumbnail for the video that I’ll be uploading for tomorrow:
THE PHOTO IS NOT MINE, SURPRISINGLY AS I LIKE TO EXCLUSIVELY USE MY OWN PHOTOGRAPHY WHEN CREATING THUMBS BUT THIS TIME I DIDN’T FEEL LIKE SEARCHING THROUGH DOZENS OF FOLDERS, SO PICTURE IS PROVIDED FROM CANVA. THAT IS ALL.
Speaking of fanfics, I want to write about them soon (here). Here is where I’m at in terms of future blog posts:
- Film reviews (“Get Out”, “Marley & Me”, “Thor: Ragnarok”)
- Book reviews (“Cut”, “Fog heart”, *”Without Tess”, *”Call Me Hope”, Susan Beth Pfeffer’s trilogy, “Before I Fall”, countless others that are too many to name. More on this later)
- My Reasons for Using Social Media (Why I blog/vlog/etc.)
- #RecoveryHome comeback
- Recovery Restoration
- Recoverytowellness dreams of becoming a nonprofit organization
- Some newer articles and some old but re-envisioned (StWS, treatment 101…)
- ART posts (drawings, photography, new layouts, bracelets..)
- Haul posts
- Stationery, all of it!
- Fanfic/original character creative writing explorations (there are a few, actually!)
- Life updates in general
- Journal entries
- SADI’s (song a day’s)
- A – Z challenge resurrected
- Picking up old semi-written blog posts and reviving them and giving them new life.
- A post on a collection of my art ideas (that I write everywhere else)
- My novel idea
- Mokeys Anniversary of getting her (with video compilation)
Yeah, that’s a good sized list, for sure!
I think I will try to tackle the fanfic related topic first. Man, as a run down of things that have been happening lately….
- *’s = two books that I took out of the library legit a year ago that I kept in my possession because I never book reviewed them but now I have until next Th at 2p (great SMART goal!) to do so so that I can get $35 back from what I had to pay to reimburse them (’cause I was paying full price for those books for them to replace at that point) so, yay, money returned!
- I went on the NAMI Walk! Walked all 3 miles!
- “Brother” by Kodaline is heavily influencing me to write fanfic tonight, which is what I’ll soon be doing after this is uploaded.
- Being stable for 4 months now.
- Getting involved in my day program 3x/week
- And getting into the DBT-Intensive side of things which is helping a LOT and having homework all the time in it XD
- Going by the library to get new books (6)
- Writing a lot and doing photography, coloring and other forms of art sprinkled in here and there
- Applying for jobs
- Attending bi-weekly family therapy appointments
- Starting chores around the house
- Shoving in time to write this blog post
- Been falling asleep, beginning to write posts and then getting distracted or taking a break from my computer all together (something I still want to implement in my life further) and often forgetting to write up another post, all that jazz
- And, having a spectacular day with Mokeys!!
- Oh, that reminds me…*adds a video idea*
So, yeah, you know, been all up in that life. I’ve been on Twitter more as of late but blogging will always be my first home. I’ve actually managed to update my deviantART page a bit and write journals there too, so that’s awesome! I might start tinkering with my photography on my blog, i.e. change some of my backgrounds, soon too. Keep your eyes peeled!
Anywho, it is 9p now and I’d like to write, so I shall end this lengthy bit here. Essentially this was:
I’ll try to come back again sometime soon…maybe I can even structure it in or something! I have a NAMI presentation on Saturday but this weekend is a longer one, so maybe some time between Sun-Mon I’ll see you all again! 🙂 I still have to structure into my planner my day today (SotD), my accomplishments (MANY) (I wanted to write about Mokeys and all the fun we had today…let me do that for a moment at the end, I’ll compromise), my diary card, my time spent on things and so much more! GWAH! I’ll be getting my NEXT PLANNER soon, which features a PHOENIX on the front and is oh so amazing, pictures to come when I get it for sure!!! 🙂
MY AMAZING DAY WITH THE MOKEYS:
Maybe I will include this blurb in my video I’ll be dedicating to the Mokeys, but Mokeys if you’re new is my doggo, who is a year and a couple months old now and she’s a labrador retriever, blue tick heeler mix, runt of the pack, used to be named “Pocket”. But she IS the Mokeys now. Mocha is her official name though, I just like shouting “MOKKKEEEYSSS” from the top of my lungs when I see her, EVERY. TIME. anyways. 🙂
She has beautiful markings and GORGEOUS gray eyes, LOOK AT HER PUPPY SELF:
This is a recent snapshot of her now (I just realized I probably never talk about her anymore on my blog as I moved more towards Twitter, but she totes deserves her own blog post as well as a VIDEO which I will be working on soon because I want to release it on the anniversary of the day that we got her, which if you were following back then, was June 3rd 2017. :)) I apologize for not ever having updated photos of her and her antics and me just talking about her in general (I definitely have on Twitter though–so follow me there! @RecoveryRaquel) But, that’s what this space is for RIGHT NOW. I’ll make a blog post dedicated to her around the same time next month when I have the video uploaded. 🙂 That’s a promise, gotta add it to the TO DO now!
Mokeys turned one years old March 4th…I think it was the 4th. BONUS PHOTO: I lied, it’s not on my computer yet but remind me of a picture of Mokeys and her cupcake when she celebrated her birthday. 🙂
Any who, Mokeys is THE UTMOST OF SILLY.
And today she was SUPER SILLY. What happened was…
I was on the floor in the living room and Mokeys jumped on my back, literally, and started humping me then she started biting at my sleeved arms like the Officer Mokeys she is (she legit will take my arm and pin it behind my back, hence the law enforcement name), and then she started jumping on me, and she’s like 50 pounds and I am now about a hundred, but man, she still pushes me down and I struggle to get her off. Then she proceeded to lick my face ferociously, around my mouth and nibbling on my ears, nose and chin and kept jumping on me and pinning me down and then trying to steal my socks off my feet (she’s pulled them off multiple times before and this time was no exception because she pranced around the house with her prize afterwards (and it was tough to get it out of her mouth and by the time I did it was slobbered over)) and then jumping on me again and she doesn’t like it when I put my head down on the floor ’cause she shoves her face into my hair and pushes my face up and then proceeds to lick it all over again. She nibbled on my arms, both of them but my left the most, and I kept laughing aloud so much that she would stop licking me (all over my glasses, mind you), and I would make a sound like “Pwah!” and she would jerk her head back in alarm and then stick her nose back at my mouth and it was HILARIOUS.
My Mom said I hadn’t laughed like that since I was a toddler. IT WAS AMAZING. Made my day an 11 for sure which is the SECOND time that’s happened to me ever (at least in the last year). So, yeah.
It was awesome.
I love my Mokeys. Okay, it’s 9:30p now, I need to do some writing and hug my Mokeys. 🙂
Do you have a Mokeys character in your life? And if you do (or if you don’t!) how could you increase the happiness and silliness in to your life otherwise?
Stay safe, friends. ❤ ❤ ❤