Heyyyyy guys!!! Welcome back to another blog post! I decided to feature a thumb up above to offset the fact that I don’t have a thumb specifically for this post since it’s neither a book review nor any kind of review, rather just the ever growing list of all the books (and movies!) I have currently checked out from the local libraries. 🙂 I actually have quite a few of these old thumbs that I never uploaded as I stopped blogging for a while there so, you’ll probably eventually see some of those coming on out! This one I just happened to make this year. 🙂 But more from previous years will come as well as more for other related blog posts (i.e: fanfics post, original writings, projects post etc.).
But! Let’s jump into this, shall we?
First, I’m gonna talk BOOKS! I have 3 separate piles (I mean, they’re all one GIANT pile but from 3 separate occasions) of books that I’ve taken out–four if you include the 5 I had to drop off today because I couldn’t renew them again (darn it!). THOSE books (from that list) include:
- Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender (paranormal)
- Silent Alarm by Jennifer Banash (school shooter)
- Flip by Martyn Bedford (someone else’s body)
- Lost by SJ Bolton (murder mystery/crime solving focused on 2 characters)
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust (fantasy)
The book I am CURRENTLY reading is actually:
Stravaganza: City of Masks by Mary Hoffman
🙂 I’m still only about 100 pages into it, but it’s a trilogy and I REAAAAALLLY want to get back into it soon, finish it then review it and pick up the rest of it (meaning the next 2 books) soon too. Sigh. One day, self, one day. (Also, curse you Youtube addiction!!)
Okay, with a few more sips of my coffee, I’m going to let you guys in on the first oldest pile of books in my possession (excluding the ones from the Thomas Crane Public Library in Quincy that I still have in my possession after nearly two years that I still want to read and have to read and actually pay back but shhhh, don’t tell them that, I’ve been avoiding them for two years so they may not remember me (they totally do)) (also, I found Ash in the library today and I am SO HAPPY, if you don’t know and you couldn’t possibly because I never typed and published it, but I read that book a few years ago from TCPL and it was AMAZING. Loved it sooooo much, so glad to see it near my home now!!) What was I saying? Oh right! Longest had books thus far (which means I need to read them sooner rather than later!)
- Speak (Graphic Novel) w/ artwork by Emily Carroll (survivorship, artsyness)
- 27 Hours by Tristina Wright (fantasy, monsters, romance, same sex relationships)
- Beware That Girl by Teresa Toten (mental health (I’ve been actively avoiding this but it turns out this book deals with some of this, damn), secrets, dark pasts, psychological thriller)
These books are due….
June 5th 2019
Damn. Didn’t realize that…. GWAH! More TIME CRUNCHES nuuuuuu!
The NEXT ROUND:
- Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens (memories, love, motherhood, understanding, forgiveness, home)
- Never Enough: The Neuroscience and Experience of Addiction by Judith Grisel (nonfiction, addiction, psychology, recovery, neuroscience, the brain, behavior, in some respects memoir but also research)
- Diagnosis Death by Richard L. Mabry (book from a series (of which I have not read hehe), physicians, fiction, grief, suspected murder, death, dark secrets, mistrust)
- Are u ok? by Kati Morton (mental health, education, nonfiction, recovery, getting help processes, FAQs)
- The Fall Guy by James Lasdun (psychological thriller, secrets, obsession, revenge)
These books are due….
June 7th 2019
NEXT ROUND! (as my wrist already begins to ache and I have to change songs again :P)
- The Elevator by William Page (fantasy, adventure, time travel, monsters, romance, high stakes: death before being born :O)
- Waiting to Surface by Emily Listfield (intense job, grief, bad news from a detective, double life?, death?, uncertainty, fear, hope, mystery, disappearance, crisis, navigation, loss, “learning to live in a world without answers”, finding love again)
- I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh (plot twists, car accident, loss of a child, painful pasts, investigators, hit and run)
- To Be Where You Are (A Mitford novel) by Jan Karon (series (which I haven’t read haha), families, celebrations, retirement, Kavanagh’s (characters), multiple character arcs, a story within its own little world–legit there’s a map of this town in the inner flap)
- Hurting Girls by Kim A Mac Innis (murder, vigilantes, dark thoughts, rage, killings, justice, fiction, war against women, violence, thriller)
- Sweet Tomorrows by Debbie Macomber (a series novel (final book), romance, inns, “letting go of fear, embracing the future, following your heart”, Rose Harbor Inn)
I just got these ones today so for now they are due back….
June 11th 2019
BUT WE’RE NOT FINISHED HERE!
I also have some movies out from the library 😀
- Pet Sematary (1989)
- Pet Sematary 2 (1992)
- Demolition (2015)
- White Noise (2005)
- Midnight Special (2016)
These are due between:
May 20th – May 22nd 2019
SO! With my books precariously piled, my movies collecting some dust, I think it’s time for me to get off to the races with my literally cold feet and try to watch one of these movies (PS first, naturally) and get this post up so that my wrist hurts less and so that I’m still moving forwards in some manner!
Overall as a life update…
- I finished my one-shot fanfic! Here it is on AO3 because the page breaks were kept rather than on ff.net: Not This Mind and Not This Heart, I Won’t Rot
- I THINK I might have a job now, I have to finish my TB screening and get my fingerprints checked but after all that I think I might have gotten this job I only applied to last week which would at the barest level be driving people with disabilities to social and community activities. The pay is good and all. Plus it looks like work that would actually apply my peer mentor-y-ness, my degree and learned behavior from program
- Speaking of program, I’m back in love with again
- Also I may be on a vacation to Germany with family in July so that’ll help, I’m sure.
- I also decorated my graduation cap yesterday at school! (Pics to come later)
- I’m blogging again so that’s cool
- My Youtube addiction is kinnnnda kicking my ass, so I really want to try and get better with my time management and everything. Let’s hope this week is better. I may be home alone for a bit this weekend so that could give me some time too.
- Also, I found out that the DVD player on my laptop no longer works so that sucks. I wanted the full experience with headphones and watching movies on my laptop but I’ll have to either use the TV or my Mom’s computer instead 😛 Poo!
- I filmed a video the other day, a little haul, but haven’t actually edited videos in a WHILE
- Commencement is the 31st this month (you can see my countdown tracker on the side of this site)
- I’m hoping to work more on fanfic stuff soon
- As well as more blogging
- And more interacting too
For now, I think that’s it!!
I’m off to go be productive elsewhere! I’ll let you guys know when I have more information about the possible job and all that jazz. 🙂 Driving isn’t nearly as frightening as I’d been thinking up until now! I count it as a win whenever I’m not in an accident and nobody dies. XD
See ya guys in the next one!! ❤ ❤ ❤
PS I thought this post would be fun, interactive and also accountable for my own sake, as now I have a clearer picture when things are due and what I want to achieve before those deadlines!
ALSO ALSO: I just passed 3 years on WordPress yesterday! YAY!