I’m giving myself .30 mins to write a new blog post as I am currently feeling creative and am bursting at the seams with new ideas. 😀
So, firstly, a life update or maybe more accurately a list of things I’ve been up to lately:
- I finished my final observation for Amaryllis and my first full 3p – 11:30p shift starts THIS Friday.
- Tomorrow from 9a – ~5p I have MAP certification training for Amaryllis. This also occurs as part 2 on Wed, same time.
- Today I saw my psychiatrist, Phil. It went well.
- I hate night driving but on the plus side this winter I’ll get really, really good at it. (From work, Peer to Peer, driving in general etc.)
- I had a long commute from Phil’s appointment today but I made the most of it, with all the best ideas yet to come but I’ll mention this at the very end (gotta keep you in suspense somehow!)
- Peer to Peer begins next Mon and I haven’t prepared at all for it. Hoping this changes soon!!!
- I have soooo many film reviews and films in my overdue possession to watch, review and type/write onto here. I WAS going to unveil a “Movie Monday” sorta thing but it’s just not possible right now, maybe in the future though!! I just struggle getting onto a proper schedule, especially as I procrastinate because the process takes too long. 😛
- I have many books also on a conveyor belt that’s been broken and clogging up so there’s also that D: (and I haven’t made time to read properly soooo….)
- I’ve got 2 NAMI IOOV’s this month, one at uni next Tuesday and one at Suffolk on the 21st. I also want to revamp my script for these, so I have to do that soon, too.
- This Thursday I have a luncheon for those of us who participated in the recovery videos for Passages. That’s now at noon. I am very excited and looking forward to it! Just gotta remember to bring my business cards, ahahha
- I really want to adjust my business cards, too, with my AO3 profile–to come soon-ish. Probably by the end of the year.
- I made new profile pics for AO3 and FF.net (If I remember I’ll show them below)
- I’ve been watercoloring with my new paint set and coloring/sketching lately. More of the time off camera but some on camera too. 🙂
- I’ve sadly been delving back into hair pulling. Losing parts of my brows left and right, unfortunately.
- I’ve decided how I’m going to structure my memoir
- I’ve been writing more fanfic stuff again 😀
- I updated a bit of my DeviantART account last night 🙂
- I’ve hung out with friends and gotten some more journals and notebooks and things to that effect
- I got some new canvas’s and I want to create a logo piece there (and hopefully use online for now as my logo, if I can get the photo taking part of it right) and maybe a Recovery Raquel related thing on the other one (I got 2, they’re like 6×6 I believe)
So, yeah, that’s what’s been going on lately. I’ll be working at Amaryllis every Friday except next Friday and I’m not sure yet if that will change in December or if they count Friday as weekends or not but that is my temporary place for now. I’m still really dreading the whole driving aspect of the job but here’s hoping, fingers crossed, that it goes okay and I’m not thrown into the sharks right away!
The biggest news I’ve fallen into today was that I’ve finally figured out how I’m planning to structure my own memoir.
I was really wanting to showcase and compile ALL of my Mass Media articles together, the ones I wrote for my uni’s newspaper at UMass Boston, and I think I can do that within that memoir. My memoir will feature original works I created, ranging from fall 2014 – now-ish 2019; photographs, my Mass Media articles, DA journals, WordPress blog posts, possibly quotes from my Youtube channel, my ideas for recovery based projects and potentially some commentary and oh, yes, my IOOV scripts and how I’ve gotten to where I am now in recovery from where I’ve been before.
I’m thinking that I’ll have an intro sentence at the start, so like when the post was created and then either a photo if a photo is involved and then the text of the piece. For photos in articles I will also include a trigger warning and then have the next page be the work itself.
I think this could really, really work. I’m excited! I have no idea what I’ll call it yet, maybe some Recovery based as that’s my thing, but yeah, I’m really looking forward to it. I can probably start compiling and tracking what it is I want to include and really work with the material in depth. I also still have old articles to place online here and read them out on my channel, not sure if I’ll have to take them down in the future but we’ll see.
My logic behind this project, including all of my works over the years, is “Hell, I said it once before and what better account of how I felt in the moment than using what I felt in the moment to help tell my story”. 🙂
I think it would be really cool. A working memoir. An in progress lesson. Something hopeful, even when it’s dark at times, but overall a prevailing positivity and joy in the days ahead with wisdom sprinkled in and oh, probably some Canva graphics of mine, too! 😀
Any who, I think it’s been about 20 mins and I’m going to end this here. Of course, I’ll detail my recovery projects further at the end and probably include the fact that I participated in a recovery video (can’t wait to share that with you guys!!) and more. I also really, really want to look back over my old articles. And hopefully read them out again on video, too.
But, for now, I have to go eat dinner, take my meds and watch a movie so I can write film review notes and then head to sleep early so that I can wake up at 7a tomorrow and do the MAP training. Phew!
Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to!
Send me a comment of your excellence if you have the time. 🙂
xxx ❤ ❤ ❤
Piece brought to you by: Imagine Dragons “Bad Liar”